Saturday, July 5, 2008

Chasm - Beyond the Beat Tape

_
I finally picked up Chasm's album yesterday. I've been really busy & broke lately so unfortunately I haven't been able to buy many CDs.

I've only listened to it a couple of times so far, but already I can say it's a very impressive release. Chasm has really come a long way since his Awakenings EP a few years ago. Great professional production, pretty consistent all the way through, and excellent work by the contributing MCs.

The standout track so far for me is "Vicious Circle" featuring Ivens & Muph (who sound great together, as they did on Muph & Plutonic's "What You See"). This track isn't what I expected at all. Very different from what I've heard Ivens on before, and I think he really kills it. I really hope I have the privillidge of collaborating with this dude one day down the track.

In other news, sorry for the lack of updates. I'll be laying down some vocals with Liow next week so hopefully I'll be able to share some music in the near future.

No comments: